La compañía AARP está buscando traductores/correctores del español para su sede en Washington, D.C. A continuación la convocatoria.
AARP has an immediate opening for a Spanish Proofreader/Translator to join our team at our Washington, D.C. headquarters. This is a 40 hr. per week temporary position for an initial period of 5 months, starting immediately. (No teleworking).
- Translate, proofread and edit translation projects to ensure the quality, message accuracy and consistency, appropriate tone and voice, and adherence to AARP styles and guidelines.
- Provide quality control of the “AARP.org en español” pages.
- Assist in the update and/or creation of glossaries, style guides, translation memories, and other language resource tools.
- Assist in the management of workflow and other maintenance tasks for workflow software.
- Bachelor Degree in Translation, Spanish or Linguistics from an accredited institution.
- Native fluency in Spanish and English. Excellent grasp of Spanish language grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience as a proofreader, translator or editor.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK) and PDF editing tools.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with CAT Tools, Translation Memories and/or Translation Workflow Management tools.
- Experience working in a consumer-facing, digital and web environment.
- Understanding of translation industry trends, including web, mobile and social media.
We're millions of members strong-with more joining us every day- the largest and "most powerful grassroots organization" around, according to Fortune magazine. In fact, our commitment and collective strength enables us to serve and support a broad and diverse membership as well as embrace our own workplace diversity.